Best in Glass
Time Out New York recently assembled a panel of liquor luminaries to select the best bars, bartenders and cocktails in New York. With so many amazing places to imbibe in the city, it had to be a tough choice. Nonetheless, Yana Volfson, Lucinda Sterling, Jillian Vose, Eben Freeman, Joe Campanale, Sam Ross, Jane Danger, Sam Anderson, Thomas Waugh, Meaghan Dorman, Jim Kearns, and Karin Stanley managed to pick four finalists in each of seven categories. Here's the list:
- Best New Cocktail Bar: Bar Goto, Grand Army, Leyenda, Mace
- Bar of the Year: Attaboy, Long Island Bar, Maison Premiere, The NoMad Bar
- Best Bar Team: Attaboy, Long Island Bar, Maison Pemiere, The Nomad Bar
- Best Restaurant-Bar Program: Betony, Cosme, Llama Inn, Mission Chinese Food
- Best Comeback Kid: Black Crescent, Dante, Donna, Holiday Cocktail Lounge
- Best Single-Focus Bar: Amor y Amargo, Four Horsemen, Mayahuel, Tørst
- Best Instagram-Worthy Cocktail: Dark and Stormy at Genuine Liquorette, Shark Eye at Mother of Pearl, Tahitian Coffee at Slowly Shirley, Coconut at ZZ’s Clam Bar
The winners will be announced tomorrow night (May 16, 2016) at the 2nd Annual Time Out New York Bar Awards. This year's event will be from 7-10 PM at Arena (135 W 41st St). The cool part? It's not only open to industry insiders. You can score a ticket HERE for $53.75. In addition to sipping Peroni, Tito's Handmade Vodka and custom cocktails, you'll get to enjoy passed hors d'oeuvres and Tipsy Scoops boozy ice cream while grooving to beats by DJ Louie XIV.
We'll be in the building sipping, chatting, and possibly doing a two-step. Hope to see you there!