A Platform of Promise
Lots of us look to the runways for what trends will be big in the coming seasons. However, whether you realize it or not, a many of the styles we see during fashion week take a few seasons to actually trickle down to those of us who can’t afford to shop at Bergdorf Goodman and the like. Trade shows, like FN Platform, though, are a time when we can see exactly what we should expect to see in most stores next season. I won’t be able to make it to FN PLATFORM this year, but Leslie Gallin, Vice President, Footwear at Advanstar (the company that presents the MAGIC and FN PLATFORM trade shows) shared her predictions about what styles will be most prevalent at the show.
1. Reptile Skins – Crocodile and snakeskin materials were spotted on the runways, but will be in full force by fall/winter 2012-13. From off-the-runway to off-the-rack, a bevy of brands have adopted this trend for the upcoming season. (Wedge sandal by Franco Sarto)
2. Mixed Materials – A fresh take on a footwear classic, brands are adding mixed materials (textures & metallics) for a luxe vibe on an otherwise tailored shoe.
3. Buckles – For those seeking comfort and style, buckles are here to stay as a finishing detail.
4. Electric Hues – Vibrant tones have been spotted everywhere in accessories. This upcoming season will pair the toned down shades with bold color combinations for extra pop! (Platform sandal by Blossom)
5. Tailored Styles – Sleek lines and rich details such as shiny patent leather materials, have men and women walking in sophisticated, tailored looksTechnorati Tags: Footwear Trends,Leslie Galin,Shoes,Fall 2012 trends,FN Platform,Trade Shows,Footwear,Wedge heels,Franco Sarto,accessories,Blossom Footwear,Shoe Trends,runways,trend predictions,sandals
Blogger Labels: Footwear Trends,Leslie Galin,Shoes,Fall 2012 trends,FN Platform,Trade Shows,Footwear,Wedge heels,Franco Sarto,accessories,Blossom Footwear,Shoe Trends,runways,trend predictions,sandals
*Images courtesy of FN Platform
amazing pics - totally captivated by your blog and will follow it. would love if you visited mine and followed if you liked it!ReplyDelete
wish you lots of success
have a nice weekend!
Nice tips..! Awesome blog..!ReplyDelete
Love designer shoes !ReplyDelete